We first fundraise through various methods. That money is then used to order the school supplies through a wholesale distributor for the best price in order to maximize every dollar raised. We talk to schools that will be receiving the backpacks to figure out which supplies are most important to their students. Once we have all the supplies, a “packing day” is organized during the summer. People from the community come out to help pack pens, pencils, glue sticks, binders, folders, and more into an organized, ready-to-use backpack for students in neighboring districts who can’t afford them. The back packs then go to students in need!
There’s no better feeling than the one we get when we deliver the backpacks directly into the hands of students.
Who We Help
- Samost Jewish Family & Children's Service
- Jewish family Services of Atlantic County
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Atlantic City and Camden
- Kellman Brown Academy
- Cherry Hill Food Panty
- Saint Anthony of Padua
- Park Lane Elementary School
- Nemours Pediatrics at Jefferson University Hospital
- Sons of Israel
- Foundation for Jewish Day Schools
- McGraw Elementary School
- Police Athletic League Philadelphia, PA
...and the list grows more and more each year! We need your support!